Study in Germany
Germany serves education the same way it makes some of the best luxury cars globally, with great finesse. Football, luxury cars, world-class engineering, top universities, and much more set the perfect environment for international students to study in Germany. The country has the highest GDP among European countries and a language that is one of the most widely taught in the world.
Reasons to Study in Germany:
1. Universities with Low or Zero Fees : The German Government passed a decision in October 2014 stating all international and local students attending a public university in Germany will be exempted from tuition fees. They only have to pay administrative costs and other costs, adding up to €250 per semester. Other than this, private universities in Germany have a very low fee structure. Therefore, it lowers the cost of studying in Germany.
2. Cultural Diversity: Being a part of the European Union allows Germany to have open boundaries with other culturally diverse European countries. Besides this, providing world-class education and being home to some of the top MNCs globally allows Germany to house a diverse culture. Furthermore, it allows students to interact and learn from a diverse crowd.
3. Rich History: Germany holds an important position in World History. The country has a rich and complex history, making it one of the most exciting places to explore. It has several historical gems such as monuments and castles that have witnessed some of the greatest events in history.
4. Attractive Outdoors: One-third of Germany’s outdoors are still covered with forests, mountains, and rivers. Students can avail themselves of a wholesome learning experience by going trekking or hiking in these terrains and give themselves a chance to learn from nature.
Benefits of Studying in the Germany:
1. Easy Visa Options: Pursuing courses in Germany is a smooth process because of the easy Visa options available. Student Visa lasts for more than 90 days, after which they can obtain a residency permit. A residency permit allows students to travel easily in the Schengen Area, a group of 26 countries that have waived off passport requirements.
2. Attractive Work Opportunities: Germany provides attractive work opportunities for both foreign and domestic students. The laws allow students to work part-time for upto 20 hours a week full-time for 120 days per year. More than 60% of the current international students explore a wide range of job opportunities that allows them to upgrade their skills.
3. Learning a New Language: German is the 3rd most taught language globally, making it one of the most widely spoken languages. Learning German will also help candidates to work in top German countries which have a global network.
4. Valuable Future: Students graduating from German Universities are offered attractive roles from top global companies. They are paid well as they inculcate education from a holistic pedagogy.
Top 10 Universities to Study in Germany
Technical University of Munich
Technical University of Munich is not only the best university in Germany but also counted among the top universities in Europe. It was founded in 1868 and has achieved notable innovation feats in various fields. The university is the perfect fit to study in Germany for Indian students. It imparts education to 45,356 students of which 34% are from abroad. It offers 178 degree programs in 15 Schools.
211 inventions were made in 2020 by researchers at the university. It has produced 17 Nobel laureates across diverse fields.
|Mathematics||Data Engineering & Analytics||Physics|
|Nutrition||Life Sciences||Food Science|
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich’s establishment dates back to 1472. It was started for training administrators for the early modern Bavarian State. The university has students, teachers, and researchers from 130 countries. The institute cooperates with 600 partners all over the world that promotes its research and innovation interests. 53,091 students enrolled for programs offered by the institution in 2019-2020
The course-curriculum of the college ranges from ancient history to veterinary medicine and offers over 300 degree programs. Along with that, it provides attractive scholarships to study in Germany for Indian students.
|Data Science||Technology Management||Economics|
|Neuroscience||Ancient History||Health Science|
Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg
Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg was established in 1386 and is Germany’s oldest university. The institute ranks high among research universities in Europe. Over the years it has contributed to the development of the scientific community with courses and research. Apart from this, it has a range of courses across disciplines such as Humanities, Life Science, and others.
The university has 28,649 students which includes 5,501 newly admitted students. They study over 180 programs offered at the university across various disciplines.
|Sociology||Sports Science||Political Science|
Humboldt University of Berlin
Humboldt University of Berlin was founded in 1810 and is home to 29 Nobel Prize Winners. It offers a dynamic pedagogy and a platform to conduct research in various fields. The Research Service Centre at the institute provides researchers with the required professional support. More than 5,000 students are admitted in 185 degree courses in this university, located in the heart of Berlin.
The university aims to strike a perfect balance between science, society, and culture with multidirectional exchange of dialogue through events and seminars.
|Economics||Business Administration||Social Sciences|
|Law||Arts & Humanities||Languages|
Free University of Berlin
The Free University of Berlin was founded in 1948 and has been providing free education, which is defined by 3 values: Justice, Truth, and Freedom. With 16 departments, it offers 150 programs across various fields such as Law, History, Sciences, and others. The state-of-the-art library of the institute caters to resources across all fields.
Over the years, the university has produced remarkable results in the field of research across various disciplines. It imparts education to more than 35,000 students.
|History||International Studies||Cultural Studies|
|Political Sciences||Earth Sciences||Philosophy|
Technical University of Berlin
Berlin Institute of Technology was established in 1946 and has developed in major academic spheres to impart education to 35,000+ students. The institute is spread across an amazing campus that allows students to explore a diverse culture, sporting activities, and other interpersonal development activities.
Like other top German universities, it also ranks high in terms of research and supports a dynamic structure for innovation across all fields.
|Geotechnology||Energy Management||Environmental Planning|
|Statistics||Transport Systems||Urban Ecosystem|
|Biotechnology||Computer Science||Culture & Technology|
|Science||Media Studies||Natural Science|
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe & Universität Karlsruhe merged in 2009 to form the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). It has consistently ranked among the top research universities in the country. It has pioneered Science education in Europe through quality education & research. The institution also actively promotes entrepreneurship in the field of science and engineering.
KIT has a strong 24,000 alumni network all over the world. Students get to pursue more than 100 courses in the field of Engineering Sciences, Humanities, Economics, and others.
|Architecture||Sports Science||Media & Communication|
Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen
Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen was established in 1477 and has a rich legacy of quality education and culture, offered over a period of more than 500 years. The university has a vibrant campus that hosts several events of art, culture, and other fields. It also ranks high in terms of research through its various Clusters of Excellence.
It imparts education to more than 27,200 students from Germany and abroad with more than 200 courses offered across various disciplines.
|Accounting & Finance||Environmental Science||Quantum Physics|
|Economics||Cultural Studies||Business Management|
|History||Computer Science||Interdisciplinary Studies|
Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg
Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg was established in 1457 with faculties such as Theology, Law, Medicine, and Philosophy. The range of courses offered at this university makes it perfect to pursue Master’s in Germany. It ranks high in innovation with resources allocated towards research in every major field.
It houses a rich diverse culture on its campus and provides equal opportunities to all the 24,000 students in the university.
|Business Administration||Psychology||Computer Science|
RWTH Aachen University
RWTH Aachen University was founded in 1870 and has made remarkable progress in research and innovation. It imparts education to more than 45,000 students across various disciplines. The university offers courses through 10 faculties in its 260 institutes. It has adopted an institutional strategy called “Students in Focus” that has allowed them to provide high quality education in Germany.
The university enjoys excellent corporate relations with top MNCs in the world. This allows students to explore dynamic placement opportunities.
|Business Administration||Data Science`||Textile Engineering|
|Social Science||Arts & Humanities||History|
|Medicinal Studies||Computer Science||Natural Science|
|Wood Technology||Mathematics||Animal Science|
Europe's largest economy has some of the world's best universities that propel a student's career in the right direction. Hence, planning to study in Germany is a great choice! Apply now before it's too late!